- The availability of these UPS locations gives small business owners more flexibility
- The UPS® Store is UPS’ retail outlet that offers a variety of postal, express shipping, printing, and other small business services
- With more than 5,000 UPS® stores available within the US, you can easily find the one nearest you by using their Store Locator tool
eCommerce businesses that partner with UPS are bound to easily find a UPS® store near them, as UPS maintains thousands of locations around the United States and Canada.
The availability of these locations gives small business owners more flexibility, as UPS® stores, UPS® Drop Boxes, and additional retail options provide access to later pickup times and other service opportunities.
Here are the different UPS locations that are available, the types of services they offer, and how to find them.
Table of Contents
What Are the UPS Location Types?
From UPS stores to UPS Drop Boxes, there are many locations eCommerce merchants can utilize to send goods from point A to point B.
1. The UPS® Store
The UPS® Store is UPS’ retail outlet that offers a variety of postal, express shipping, printing, and other small business services. These outlets can be found in the US, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
Each outlet offers UPS’ full range of domestic, international, and freight shipping solutions based on your time frame and service level needs.
The UPS Store shipping services include the following:
- UPS Next Day Air® Early: Early morning delivery
- UPS Next Day Air®: Next-day delivery service
- UPS Next Day Air Saver®: UPS’s most affordable next-
day delivery service
- UPS 2nd Day Air A.M.®: Second day morning or noon delivery
- UPS 2nd Day Air®: Second-day delivery
- UPS 3 Day Select®: Delivery within three business days
- UPS® Ground: Day-definite delivery in one to five days
- UPS Worldwide Express Plus®: Time-definite delivery to 140 countries and territories with morning delivery
- UPS Worldwide Express®: Time-definite service to 140 countries and territories
- UPS Worldwide Saver: Day-definite delivery by the end of the business day. Next business day delivery by the end of the day to Canada. Second business day delivery by end of the day to Mexico and major metropolitan areas worldwide
- UPS Worldwide Expedited®: Day-definite expedited delivery to over 220 countries and territories
- UPS® Standard (Canada & Mexico): Economical standard ground delivery to Canada. Fast, reliable service for less urgent shipments to Mexico
- Ground Freight
- Air Freight
- Air and Ocean Freight
2. UPS® Drop Boxes
UPS has over 38,000 drop box locations throughout the US. At these drop boxes, you can leave parcels that are being sent both domestically and internationally with any UPS shipping service.
Drop boxes are always open. UPS pickup times are normally later for these locations, and you can even access proper shipping supplies to prepare your shipment correctly.
3. UPS Access Point® Locations
UPS lockers (officially named “UPS Access Points®”) can be found at local businesses that UPS partners with. While they are mainly used for deliveries, they also accept outgoing packages with pre-paid UPS labels.
4. UPS Distribution Centers
Referred to as “UPS Customer Centers”, these UPS service centers are operating facilities that can also assist with your domestic or international shipping needs.
You can purchase packaging supplies and access all UPS service levels. Additionally, they provide the tools needed to automatically generate labels, verify your delivery addresses, and save frequently shipped destinations for faster processing.
How To Find The Nearest UPS Locations
Looking for the nearest UPS location? No worries. Read below to learn how you can find UPS stores to help pack and send goods.
UPS Store® Locations
With more than 5,000 UPS® stores available within the US, you can easily find the one nearest you by using their Store Locator tool. You can search based on location or store number, and even filter results with stores that are open on Saturday or Sunday.
Once you submit the information, the search will automatically show the results of the nearest UPS stores. When you click on a result, you can find UPS® store hours by clicking on the “HOURS” tab.
UPS Drop Off Locations
You can find a UPS drop-off near you by going to UPS’ Locations tab. Enter in your zip code or city name, and under “Narrow your search”, click the box next to “Find a drop off location."
Based on your location, you may see a mix in results that include drop boxes, customer centers, authorized retail chains, and more.
UPS Drop Boxes® Locations
You can find a UPS drop box near you by going to UPS’ Locations tab. Enter in your zip code or city name, click “See All Options”, “Location Type”, then “UPS Drop Box”.
Once you submit the information, the search will automatically show the UPS drop-off box near you. You’ll also be able to see UPS pickup times in these results.
UPS Locker Locations
You can find a UPS locker near you by going to UPS’ Locations tab. Enter in your zip code or city name, click “See All Options”, “Location Type”, then “UPS Access Point® Locker”.
Note that there is also an option for “UPS Access Point”, which will be within a local business, but may not have the lockers available.
UPS Distribution Center Locations
You can find a UPS customer service center near you by going to UPS’ Locations tab. Enter in your zip code or city name, click “See All Options”, “Location Type”, then “UPS Customer Center.”
Find a UPS® Store and Start Shipping with Easyship
While the closest UPS® store makes it easy for eCommerce merchants to keep their business running, Easyship’s partnership with UPS adds an additional level of convenience!
Our shipping platform provides pre-negotiated UPS rates, allowing small businesses to immediately offer discounted rates to their customers and begin shipping the moment they receive an order. With Easyship, you'll gain instant access to the following benefits:
- Duties & Taxes Visibility: Easyship works out all duties and taxes for your international shipments to handle your international orders with ease. Calculate your duties for overseas shipments here
- Global Fulfillment: Easyship has warehouse partners on four continents to reach customers worldwide. Plus, Easyship helps scale up fulfillment capabilities without increasing overhead costs
- Shipping Policy Generator: Our shipping policy generator helps merchants and crowdfunding campaigns generate their shipping policy by providing tracking and insurance options, plus other vital information for your shipping process
*Open up an Easyship account in a few minutes and start scaling your business today!
If you found this article informative, you may enjoy the following: