- The USPS Web Tool API (Application Program Interfaces) library provides valuable web-based tools and online services for your eCommerce website
- USPS Web Tools includes tools such as checking shipping rates, tracking packages, or scheduling package pickup
- With Easyship, your customers enjoy all of a full suite of eCommerce features and benefits that are designed explicitly for scaling your business globally
Delivering a simple purchasing experience for online shoppers starts with a seamless checkout experience. Ninety-three percent of surveyed online shoppers say they want consistent tracking updates at least daily for their purchases. So as an eCommerce merchant, it becomes vital to provide an optimal post-purchase experience.
United States Postal Service (USPS) Web Tools is one way to turn online shoppers into repeat customers. Your customers are more likely to buy from you again if you provide them with tools to create an effortless shopping experience on your site.
We’ll discuss USPS Web Tools and compare them to Easyship’s premium web tools to decide what works best for your eCommerce business.
Table of Contents
What Are USPS Web Tools?
The USPS Web Tool API (Application Program Interfaces) library provides valuable web-based tools and online services for your eCommerce website. This feature includes tools such as checking shipping rates, tracking packages, or scheduling package pickup. Plus, these USPS Web Tools are free to use and easy to integrate into your eCommerce website.
Here’s a more comprehensive look at the web tools offered by USPS Web Tools shipping center:
- Calculate shipping cost: This tool allows customers to calculate shipping rates for domestic and international shipments
- Verify an address: This tool will enable you to validate addresses as customers enter them to help minimize failed deliveries
- USPS Web Tools tracking: This tool provides customers with estimated delivery dates so you know where your package is expected to arrive
- Print shipping labels: This tool generates labels for shipping to ease the shipping and packaging process
- Look up delivery dates: This tool helps eCommerce businesses by displaying estimated delivery dates at checkout
While USPS APIs provide you with valuable tools for your online website, Easyship also offers all of the above and more with our suite of premium shipping tools.
Easyship offers up to 91% off discounted shipping rates for USPS, plus 250+ other major courier services. Plus, with Easyship, you get access to the best tools to scale your business globally.
Here are several of Easyship’s most popular features that are designed to help you reach eCommerce success:
- Up-to-Date Tracking System
- Automated Label Generation
- Shipping Rates Calculator
- Easyship Branding Suite
- Real-Time Rates at Checkout
- Shipping Dashboard
- Address Validation Software
Overall, Easyship users receive the full benefits of USPS while receiving high-volume discounts. All you need to do is connect your USPS account or sign up with Easyship to gain instant access to these features.
How To Enable USPS Web Tools
USPS Web Tools integration only takes a couple of steps to add to your eCommerce website. If you want to enable USPS Web Tools in your eCommerce website, here's a step-by-step process:
- Register to get started: First, you need to register an account online to use USPS web tools. You will be asked to fill in your names, shipping address, email address, website address, and other important information. Be sure to also to have agreed to the terms for getting started
- Wait to receive an email: Once you are done with your registration, you will be sent a user ID and password via mail that will provide you access to the tools
- Call USPS to access production: The mail will provide you with a toll number to call. This step will get you access to the production servers
- All set: Now, you're ready to use USPS web tools!
USPS Web Tools give your customers access to helpful shipping information and features for complete visibility. More importantly, you can turn browsing into sales by integrating these interface APIs into your online store.
USPS Web Tools vs. Easyship
By now, you should understand how to integrate USPS Web Tools into your eCommerce website. USPS Web Tools provides your customers access to features such as package pickup scheduling, package tracking, or even shipping rates calculation that helps converts online browsers into buyers.
Instead, Easyship provides all of the above features – plus more. For instance, Easyship offers up to 91% off discounted USPS rates for domestic and global express mail services. This way, USPS customers can get all the benefits of the courier service they prefer at a fraction of the cost.
With Easyship, your customers enjoy all of a full suite of eCommerce features and benefits that are designed explicitly for scaling your business globally. In addition, Easyship users enjoy features and benefits such as the following:
- Easyship Shipping Rates Calculator: Access high-volume discounts from major couriers. Plus, get instant access to delivery lead times from premium shipping couriers
- Easyship Collect: Easyship Collect is the only shipping tool for crowdfunding campaigns. Let backers upgrade shipping, prepay duty, and tax, plus add the shipping insurance with this premium feature
- Address Validation Software: Reduce the risk of failed deliveries with Easyship's address verification software. At no extra cost, you can ensure your shipments reach their intended destination
- Easyship Dashboard: Manage all your orders and create shipments in one place. Plus, upload CSVs or sync directly from your eCommerce store for seamless shipping and fulfillment
- Real-Time Rates at Checkout: Easyship automatically shows the cheapest, fastest, and best value shipping rates at your online store's checkout. This plugin feature allows merchants to be flexible with shipping options while letting customers have a choice
- Automated Label Generation: Easyship automatically generates all vital shipping documents for domestic and international deliveries – all you have to do is print, and you're one step closer to seamless shipping and fulfillment
- Up-to-Date Tracking: Our tracking statuses are updated at each step of the process. This way, you're always in the loop with your shipments (even faster than major courier companies)
Stop paying for retail shipping rates and connect your USPS account to Easyship for instant access to the above features. Growing your business is made easy with a shipping platform built for success.
Ready to ship? Sign up for a FREE Easyship account and get instant access to high-volume discounts for USPS shipping and 250+ other major courier services.
USPS Web Tools FAQs
What are USPS Web Tools?
The USPS Web Tool API library provides web-based tools for your eCommerce website, such as checking shipping rates, tracking packages, or scheduling package pickup.
What is USPS APIs?
USPS Application Program Interface refers to a collection of APIs provided by the USPS that gives web tools users access to valuable data from USPS.
How do you get a USPS address validation API?
You can access the USPS address validation API in the USPS Web Tools API library for free, as long as you accept the terms and conditions.
If you found this article informative, you may enjoy the following: