- Dropshipping is a hands-off fulfillment model that lets you sell goods from manufacturers and suppliers without the need to stock any inventory
- To be successful in dropshipping, you need to find reliable suppliers who can sell goods to you at low prices
- Using US-based dropshippers has many benefits, although their products come at a higher price compared to Asian markets
Ok, so you’ve weighed the pros and cons of dropshipping and now you’re ready to move. What next? Well, it’s time to find a reliable supplier. This is crucial, in fact, your entire strategy relies on it, so you definitely want to make sure you are diligent in your research. That’s where we come in!
84% of online retailers report that the biggest obstacle they face in their dropshipping business is finding a good supplier to get their business going in the initial stages.
There is also a shipping and logistical challenge that leads to lengthy shipping times that are unacceptable per today's customer delivery expectations. This is because many dropshipping stores rely on Chinese manufacturers and suppliers. It may take up to 2 months for customers to receive their goods.
This has created the need for many dropshipping store owners to look for US dropshippers. So, if you have a strong customer base in the US or are looking to venture into the US eCommerce market, it may make more sense that you work with US-based drop shippers.
To help provide faster shipping times to your customers, Easyship integrates with major eCommerce platforms such as BigCommerce and Shopify. Integrate your store with the Easyship Dashboard and take advantage of our network of 250+ affordable shipping couriers and fulfillment centers in different locations.
Table of Contents
A Brief Background On Dropshipping
Dropshipping is a hands-off fulfillment model that lets you sell goods from manufacturers and suppliers without the need to stock any inventory. When a customer purchases a product via your store, you pass on the order details to your supplier who picks, packs, and ships the product directly to your customer. You never interact with the product.
Sounds simple? While dropshipping is a convenient way to launch or expand your business and offer your buyers more choice, it has its pros and cons. Read our article on What is Dropshipping to learn more about this eCommerce fulfillment model.
Why Dropship From The US?
To be successful in dropshipping, you need to find reliable suppliers who can sell goods to you at low prices. You can then list them on your website and sell them to your customers in the US, Europe, or Australia at massive profits.
You can always find cheap Chinese manufacturers and suppliers on Alibaba and Aliexpress. So, why work with more expensive US drop shippers if you can source cheap products for your dropshipping store from Asian markets?
Well, there are compelling reasons why you may want to consider working with US drop shippers. They include:
- Faster shipping: Faster shipping has become a necessity in today's eCommerce. It may take up to 2 months for your US-based customers to receive their items when dropshipping from China. Compare that to 1-3 days when your products are shipped from within the US. This can help you drive greater customer satisfaction.
- Higher Quality: US manufacturers are reputed for having high-quality products. Since there is a flood of dropship products from Asian markets, selling goods manufactured locally in the US can see your store differentiate itself and avoid the " race to the bottom" in terms of price competition from stores selling Chinese products. Customers are always willing to pay more for quality.
- "American-Made" Stamp of Approval: You can build your brand around the degree of satisfaction that patriotic Americans experience buying products made in America. It is a way to set yourself apart from other sellers.
- A wide range of shipping options: When your orders are fulfilled by US drop shippers, you can give your customers a wide range of shipping options. They can choose between expedited shipping options or economy shipping. They will have control over how faster they want to have their goods delivered.
- Better customer satisfaction: Faster shipping times, high-quality goods, and a wide range of shipping options help drive a better shopping experience which leads to many happy customers. Plus the feel-good factor of buying American-made products. Satisfied customers become your brand ambassadors and spread the good news about your business.
8 Best US Dropshipping Suppliers
Many dropshipping advocates push the idea of sourcing cheap products from Asian markets and selling them to western customers at high prices. As a result, many store owners hardly know any US drop shippers. The fact is, many American manufacturers and suppliers offer dropshipping services.
Here is a rundown of" Made In USA" drop shippers that you can use to fulfill your orders and guarantee your customers high-quality goods and faster shipping times.
Teledynamics is a wholesale consumer electronics distributor based in Austin, Texas. Here, you can find over 80 product lines in the computers and electronics niches such as Polycom, Sony AT&T Plantronics, Motorola, SBC, NEC, Siemens, and many others.
As a US-based drop shipper, Tedydynamics offers blind drop shipping services at no extra cost, and they have no minimum order requirements. To become a dealer, you will need to provide a reseller identification. They also offer data feed, order access, and an online catalog to their dealers.
This is another SaleHoo verified, US-based drop shipper that deals with shoes and fashion. With nearly 40 years of experience, this family-owned manufacturer and wholesaler provide quality wide-width shoes to retailers across the world at competitive wholesale prices.
They offer blind drop shipping so your buyers won't know where you sourced the product.
3. I&I Sports Supply Company
I&I Sports Supply Company is among the American drop shippers that deal with a wide variety of sporting goods. From airsoft products and martial arts merchandise to arcades and paintball products, there is no shortage of goods that you can source from this US-based supplier.
So if you have your own online store or website that deals with sporting goods, you can greatly benefit from their blind dropshipping services.
4. Innovative Beauty
Innovative Beauty is among the US drop shippers dedicated to offering high-quality beauty products to consumers at reasonable prices. Their products are carefully sourced and manufactured locally in the US.
If you want to start or expand your own makeup line that sells "American-made" products, Innovative Beauty is one of the US drop shippers that can supply you. Their dropshipping services are available upon request, even for international purchases.
5. Parkflyers RC
Parkflyers RC is a trusted US drop shipper for remote control toys. Based in New Jersey, this supplier manufactures all their products, hence they can give you a guarantee of the quality of their products.
RC helicopters, cars, airplanes, and toys are just a few of the products you can dropship with Parkflyers RC.
Their blind dropshipping services have a setup fee of $99. The good part is that once the setup is complete, there are no extra drop ship fees per order. You only need to buy the item plus the shipping fees.
6. Fashion Stories
This is a New York-based drop shipper that deals with Jewelry. Some of the accessories you can dropship with Fashion Stories are bracelets, necklaces, rings, and other jewelry-related merchandise.
They manufacture their own products, hence you can be sure of the quality.
Their dropshipping services come at no additional fees or minimum order requirements. Just purchase the product plus the shipping fees.
This is a US dropshipper and wholesaler that deals with perfume and cologne. You can trust them because they have been in business since 1997 and have shipped more than 10 million orders.
To drop ship their products, you will need to sign up for their dropshipping program to have access to their complete wholesale inventory. Some of the products you can dropship with FragranceNet include skincare, haircare, candles, fragrances, and aromatherapy products.
8. Wholesale Central
This is one of the best free dropshipping directories that maintain a list of US-based suppliers. They review and screen all suppliers to make sure that only legitimate and trustworthy suppliers are listed. The directory has over 1400 US drop shippers with over 700K+ products.
Searching for suppliers in this directory is free, and you should do your due diligence to find genuine wholesalers. Shipping fees and delivery times will depend on which supplier you work with.
How Easyship Helps
Using US-based dropshippers has many benefits, although their products come at a higher price compared to Asian markets. The thing is, you can use both Chinese and US drop shippers to see what works best for your store.
Easyship integrates with the major eCommerce platform to help you grow your dropshipping business with over 250+ cost-effective shipping couriers and a network of fulfillment centers. We can help you find solutions to most of the shipping and logistical challenges in your eCommerce store.
Sign up for a free Easyship account today to get started!