- Research has shown that global eCommerce will reach approximately $7.4 trillion by 2025
- eCommerce companies looking into shipping globally can potentially expand their businesses at an exponential rate
- Easyship offers high-volume discounts for 250+ courier solutions, even for international shipping
International shipping is the process of delivering parcels from one country to another. In order to increase their customer base and boost sales, many online store owners have started to offer cross-border shipping. By tapping into other markets, your company can scale faster and utilize the entire world as your prospective customer base, becoming truly global in scope.
Table of Contents
What's the Potential for International Shipping?
Although it takes more resources to ship parcels to customers outside the country, the potential for growth is enormous. If you’re still unsure on how to ship internationally, if its right for your business and the potential it holds, here are some key statistics to consider:
- Research has shown that the global eCommerce market is expected to hit $5.55 trillion by the end of 2022 and $7.4 trillion by 2025
- Asia is projected to reach $2 billion in global eCommerce sales by the end of 2022
- The US has a projected revenue of $875 billion by the end of 2022
- India is expected to take in $111.4 billion by 2025
- Australia is predicted to reach $32 billion by 2024
- South America’s eCommerce revenue is projected to reach $98.75 billion by the end of 2022
Further researches show that overseas shipping and sales have grown 25 percent year-over-year compared to 20 percent for domestic sales. In addition, approximately 20 percent of online sales are currently international sales worth in excess of $200. With the projected growth of approximately 67 percent by 2020, cross-border eCommerce offers immense potential for online merchants looking to expand their businesses.
Advantages of International Shipping
eCommerce companies looking into shipping globally can potentially expand their businesses at an exponential rate. Some of the major advantages of international eCommerce include:
- Potential business growth: When you open your eCommerce business doors to shipping outside your country, it can open up your business to new international markets which in turn offers the potential to dramatically grow sales.
- Year-round sales: This is especially beneficial for online merchants who sell seasonal items. For example, if you sell winter coats and boots, engaging in international sales means you can shift your focus from one region to the other, depending on when their winter is. With the right international express shipping option, you can potentially maintain year-round sales.
- A wider range of products: When you delve into new international markets, their needs are bound to vary from your own local market. This means that your business can increase the range of products in its inventory and boost sales depending on the market you sell in.
- Larger customer base: When you explore using international shipping companies to sell your products overseas, you’re opening doors to a huge number of new target markets. This, in turn, offers more prospective customers for your business.
These are just some of the advantages that come with shipping items to international markets. However, whether you’re making use of USPS international shipping, FedEx international shipping, or anything else in between, you should take your time to conduct market research, analyze necessary documentation, and put additional marketing costs into consideration before selecting your courier.
How Easyship Can Help
Easyship understands the difficulties associated with engaging in international shipping and goes the extra mile to help you get started without any stress. Easyship offers more than 250 shipping solutions that are designed to cater to shipments of all sizes and costs. Our discounted international shipping rates also mean you can save up to 70 percent in shipping costs, giving your company’s bottom line a boost.
Easyship also offers Customer Fulfillment Services that decrease customer inquiries about shipping by approximately 43 percent. The Easyship Tax and Duty Calculator helps you and your customers to understand the true cost of shipping to international destinations. Ensuring that the shipping process goes smoothly, Easyship can help you achieve a greater than 90 percent decrease in customs issues, even as you can potentially record three times more revenue with lower international shipping costs.
In order to avoid any complications or hold-ups at customs that could lead to a negative customer experience, Easyship is here to ensure that no unpleasant surprises or delays occur. Whether you’re searching for the cheapest international shipping, fastest international shipping, or best value overall, we’re right beside you and your company.
Shipping your products to international markets may seem intimidating at first, but with Easyship, shipping globally can be much easier than you realize. You don’t have to miss out on the opportunities for your business to grow more, sell a wider range of products, maintain all-year-round sales, or sell to a larger customer base. With Easyship, your business can get all the help you need, whether you intend on using UPS international shipping, DHL international shipping, or another courier.
With the Easyship shipping cost calculator, you’ll have full clarity with your international shipping costs. Request a shipping quote now to begin to tap into the entire world's marketplace and scale your business to new heights.