Looking to expand your eCommerce business? Singapore is one of the fastest-growing markets in the world, with over $5.3 billion in eCommerce sales in 2022. Even better, strong growth of over 11% a year is forecast, reaching a market value of $9 Billion by 2027.
Shipping to Singapore starts with finding the cheapest shipping to Singapore. For eCommerce entrepreneurs based in the US, finding the cheapest rates in Singapore can be a challenge. This is because the cheapest rates are often available from regional courier companies local to the destination.
While familiar, couriers like FedEx, USPS, or DHL to Singapore might not offer the best value. But you're not based in Southeast Asia, so how do you find these regional couriers?
Easyship created a free tool to help you find the guaranteed cheapest rates in any country. It’s our free shipping rate calculator, and it gives you real-time accurate rates from every global courier service to any destination. In other words, it simplifies the process of searching for the cheapest rates on shipping to Singapore.
Here’s how to get the cheapest shipping to Singapore.
Table of Contents
The Basics of Shipping to Singapore
A handful of variables impact the cheapest way to ship to Singapore, including:
- Delivery timeline
- Package weight & dimensions
- Insurance & tracking options
- Import duties & taxes, if applicable
In the following sections, we discuss these variables and show you the cheapest rates for shipping to Singapore.
Delivery Times to Singapore
Singapore is a small country in South East Asia, so US-based merchants can expect shipping to Singapore to take longer than within the US.
On average, economy shipping from the US to Singapore takes 6-15 business days. Of course, you can pay extra for expedited delivery in 2 days, but these rates will be significantly higher. Delivery lead times to Singapore boil down to your choice of courier service, but also the shipping option selected.
Say you want to send a 2-pound hoodie from Los Angeles, CA to Singapore. Using our Free Shipping Rate Calculator to get a quick delivery time estimate, the table below shows transit times on our package between LA and Singapore.
|Courier Service||Lead Time|
|Asendia - e-PAQ Standard||6 - 15 working days|
|USPS - First Class International||7 - 9 working days|
|Asendia - e-PAQ Plus||6 - 15 working days|
|Flat Export||6 - 15 working days|
|SF Express - Economy Express||7 - 9 working days|
|APC - Parcel Connect Expedited||10 - 15 working days|
|APC - ePMI||6 - 10 working days|
|UPS Worldwide Expedited®||4 working days|
|APC - ePMEI||10 - 15 working days|
|UPS Worldwide Saver®||2 working days|
|UPS Worldwide Express®||2 working days|
The fastest way to ship to from LA to Singapore is UPS Worldwide Saver in 2 days. For 41% less, Asendia - e-PAQ Plus delivers in 6-15 working days. Other options include SF Express and APC, though neither is the fastest or cheapest option.
Regardless of the courier, cheap shipping always arrives later than expedited shipping. To get the cheapest rates on shipping to Singapore, you should be willing to extend your delivery lead time.
The Cheapest Way to Ship to Singapore
Cheap shipping to Singapore is most impacted by the size and weight of your shipment.
- Package weight: Heavier packages cost more to ship. Removing unnecessary packing materials helps you get the cheapest rates.
- Package size: Large and irregularly-shaped boxes cost more to ship because they require special care. Using the smallest possible box of a standard size helps you get the cheapest rates.
Now let’s use our shipping calculator to compare shipping rates for a 2-pound package and a 15-pound package, both sent from LA. Here’s the 2-pound package again:
|Courier Service||Lead Time||Cost|
|Asendia - e-PAQ Standard||6 - 15 working days||$26.21|
|USPS - First Class International||7 - 9 working days||$26.65|
|Asendia - e-PAQ Plus||6 - 15 working days||$26.72|
|Flat Export||6 - 15 working days||$26.88|
|SF Express - Economy Express||7 - 9 working days||$27.68|
|APC - Parcel Connect Expedited||10 - 15 working days||$31.89|
|APC - ePMI||6 - 10 working days||$34.18|
|UPS Worldwide Expedited®||4 working days||$40.22|
|APC - ePMEI||10 - 15 working days||$40.44|
|UPS Worldwide Saver®||2 working days||$44.45|
|UPS Worldwide Express®||2 working days||$48.65|
At $26.21 and a lead time of 7-9 working days, the best-value way to ship a 2-pound package from LA to Singapore is with USPS - First Class International. Using Easyship will also save you money off the listed retail rate.
Now let’s increase the package weight to 15 pounds. As expected, the rates increase. And now the cheapest courier service option is Flat Export.
|Courier Service||Lead Time||Cost|
|Flat Export||4 - 9 working days||$65.88|
|APC - ePMI||6 - 10 working days||$75.01|
|APC - Parcel Connect Expedited||10 - 15 working days||$75.86|
|APC - ePMEI||10 - 15 working days||$84.50|
|UPS Worldwide Expedited®||4 working days||$85.43|
|SF Express - Economy Express||7 - 9 working days||$88.32|
|UPS Worldwide Saver®||2 working days||$102.50|
|UPS Worldwide Express®||2 working days||$108.71|
|DHL - Express Worldwide||3 - 5 working days||$120.99|
|USPS - Priority Mail International||7 - 18 working days||$125.79|
It seems we’re paying a minimum of $65.88 to send a 15-pound package from LA to Singapore. That said, many merchants would have missed the cheapest and best value options if their research only included rates from the most popular couriers in the US.
Using a rate calculator makes it easy to find then compare the cheapest rates to Singapore. You can skip the hassle of visiting different courier sites. Skip the note taking. Plus, you find all the small-time couriers who may offer better rates for your specific order.
International Shipping To Singapore
Cross-border shipping can be more complicated and expensive than domestic shipping. Here are the two primary factors that make shipping to Singapore a bit more complex, and sometimes, more costly.
Customs Duties and Taxes in Singapore
Singapore, like all countries, assesses import duties and taxes on all cross-border shipments. Import fees can be hard to calculate because they vary by shipment weight, product category, and other factors. Shipments under a certain value threshold aren’t subject to any fees, though.
Confused? Yep, been there. Using our Free Tax and Duty Calculator for Singapore is an easy way to see the duties and taxes you’ll pay on your next shipment. Here we see the duties and taxes owed on an $800 laptop imported to Singapore from the US.
It’s important to add all import fees to your total shipping costs. Doing so ensures that you’re shipping profitably to Singapore.
Importing to Singapore requires you to include certain customs paperwork in your shipment. These documents include the commercial invoice, a packing slip, and more. Customs officers use this paperwork to determine if you owe duty and tax, then clear your shipment for final delivery to the customer.
Check that you’re not trying to import any restricted or prohibited goods. Each country sets restrictions on certain goods for various economic and cultural reasons, and your shipment will be detained if it contains these goods. For example, Singapore doesn't allow you to import chewing gum or rhino horns.
For the full details of importing and shipping to Singapore, read our eCommerce shipping guide to Singapore.
Does FedEx, UPS and USPS Ship to Singapore?
Luckily, FedEx, UPS and USPS all ship to Singapore. Here are the courier services that are easily available for you.
Shipping to Singapore with FedEx
FedEx offers the following delivery services to Singapore from the US:
- FedEx International First (1- 3 business days)
- FedEx International Priority (1-3 business days)
- FedEx International Priority Freight (1-3 business days)
- FedEx International Economy (2-5 business days)
- FedEx International Ground (2-7 business days)
Shipping to Singapore with UPS
UPS offers the following delivery services to Singapore from the US:
- UPS Worldwide Express Plus (1-3 business days)
- UPS Worldwide Express (1-3 business days)
- UPS Worldwide Express Freight (1-3 business days)
- UPS Worldwide Express Freight Midday (1-3 business days)
- UPS Worldwide Express Saver (1-3 business days)
- UPS Worldwide Expedited (3-5 business days)
Shipping to Singapore with USPS
USPS offers the following delivery services to Singapore from the US:
- Global Express Guaranteed (1-3 days)
- Priority Mail Express International (3-5 days)
- Priority Mail International (6-10 days)
- First-Class Mail International (delivery time varies)
- First-Class Package International Service (delivery time varies)
- Airmail M-Bags (delivery time varies)
7 Tips For Cheap Shipping to Singapore
For eCommerce merchants, shipping is more than just finding the cheapest rates. You’ll want to account for a handful of other factors like tracking and insurance to provide a quality experience that keeps shoppers coming back. Here’s how to ace cheap shipping to Singapore:
- Double check the address: The most common reason packages get delayed at customs is an inaccurate delivery address. To avoid delivery slowdowns and possible added customs fees, double-check your delivery address before hitting send. Adding address validation to your store checkout is a hands-free way to avoid this common scenario.
- Check restricted items: Make sure you’re not trying to send restricted items to Singapore, such as rhino horns, chewing gum, or lighters.
- Label if fragile: Notify the courier if you’re shipping fragile goods. It’s better to pay extra handling fees that have your items arrive damaged on the doorstep.
- Consider insurance and tracking: Longer transit times translate to increased likelihoods of package loss, theft, and damage. Easyship can help you insure your packages up to $5,000, in addition to the standard $100 of insurance provided by most international couriers.
- Calculate duties and taxes: Someone has to pay for duty and tax. To decide how to handle these added shipping costs, find the typical amount you’ll owe on imports to Singapore. Once you know this amount, you can decide whether to absorb this cost yourself or pass it on to customers.
- Announce your return policy: Make your shipping policy obvious on your website and in your post-purchase emails. Buyers appreciate knowing how to initiate returns in the case of an unsatisfactory purchase. Of course, the cost of returns from Singapore will be more than within your own country. Consider these variable costs and include them in your pricing structure to remain profitable in all your shipping.
- Offer options: Ideally, customers get to choose how they want their package delivered. Pay more for expedited delivery or wait and save with economy shipping? Offering a few options at checkout helps to reduce cart abandonment with choosy, price-conscious shoppers.
Cheap Shipping to Singapore With Easyship
With a market leading network of 250 couriers worldwide, Easyship gives ambitious eCommerce entrepreneurs access to exclusive discounted rates. Whether your customers are in Singapore or Seattle, we can help reduce your shipping costs by up to 91%.
Some key discounts include:
- Save up to 76% on UPS Worldwide Saver®
- Save up to 33% on SF Express
- Save up to 41% on Asendia - e-PAQ Plus
- Save up to 63% on DHL – Express Worldwide
- Save up to 91% on DHL eCommerce
Explore Easyship’s easy to use shipping tools, designed to boost profits, while creating a delivery experience customers love:
- Shipping Rate Calculator: Find the best deal for every order, compare rates from over 550+ courier services around the world
- Insurance: Focus on growing your sales knowing your packages are protected during transit. Easyship offers insurance coverage of up to $5000 to keep your shipments safe and secure
- Tracking: Boost customer satisfaction with custom-branded tracking emails and automatic message alerts. Offer full package visibility to your customers throughout the delivery journey
If you found this article informative, you might enjoy the following: