- Shipping internationally is now easier than ever thanks to our updated database
- You have access to fully landed cost calculations built in the tool, for all HS codes and for all origins and destinations
- Filling in the correct HS Codes, Country of Origin and battery/liquid declarations can save you a lot of time and effort and reduce hold-ups at customs
We have an exciting new product feature to share! Our team has been working hard behind the scenes to introduce an Advanced Customs Declaration feature to help your business go global. We now give you access to the full HS codes database right from your dashboard. You can also update the Country of Origin, as well as battery and liquid declarations for your products to make the international shipping process run smoothly. In this article, we will discuss what these new features are, who can use them, and how to use them.
Related post: What is an HS Code
Easily Add HS Codes To Your Products
HS code stands for Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System. They allow you to declare your items more accurately and ship without holdups. HS Codes calculate the duties automatically which means you don’t have to spend time working it out yourself when shipping a package. Our updated database means you can pick the HS code that best describes your product.
There are now 5500 options when it comes to choosing HS Codes. You can quickly find HS Codes by searching for the keyword, number, or letter. Having so many options means you can be specific when it comes to selecting the right code as you have an entire database at your fingertips. When it comes to customs clearance, your package will sail through without any disruptions.
For detailed instructions and a tutorial on how to use HS Codes, please check out this related page: How to Assign an HS Code
More Accurate Duty Rates for International Shipping
When shipping internationally, you need to think about the duty rates and the customs clearance process so it is essential that each package is declared correctly.
Easyship’s database includes fully landed costs, and shows you all import taxes and duties fees upfront. With an exact HS Code and Country of Origin, we will provide you with accurate rates instantly, no need to worry about additional fees at customs.
Country of Origin
You can now update the Country of Origin for each of your products. The country of origin typically represents the manufacturing country of the goods and is used to calculate precise import taxes and duties, ensuring a smoother customs clearance.
Related post: How to Change Your Product’s Country of Origin
Battery and Liquid Declarations
If you need to declare whether your product contains battery and liquid then it is really simple to do so. The courier services that can support those dangerous goods will then be available to you. As you can imagine, this will save you a lot of time when choosing a courier.
To Summarize, Here Are Some of the Key Benefits
- It is now easier than ever to declare your items accurately
- You can ship faster as the transit time is shortened for customs clearance
- Reduce hold-ups when shipping internationally as invoices will include more detail, helping packages to be cleared a lot faster
- Get more accurate quotes by using HS Codes and Country of Origin to calculate duty rates automatically
- We hope this updated set of product features can help and we’re so excited to share it with you. If you have any questions you can always check out our help center or contact our friendly customer support team through email or live chat (available 24/7 if you’re on a paid plan)
Ready to ship? Sign up for a FREE Easyship account to save on shipping costs and make your life easier by automating your processes