- DPD offers delivery services to 230+ countries and territories for domestic and international destinations
- On average, sending a parcel with DPD takes anywhere from 2 to 6 business days
- Easyship saves users up to 91% off on discounted shipping services on 250+ courier services, including express services with DPD
DPD is one of the leading Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) delivery services globally. With about 2.1 billion parcels delivered worldwide in 2021, DPD is Europe's second-largest CEP carrier, delivering about 5.3 million goods per day.
The company is owned by a postal service company in France, La Poste. As a part of the Geopost holding, the DPD delivery network includes courier services like Chronopost, SEUR, and BRT.
DPD adopts cutting-edge shipping devices like drones and driverless cars to enhance its delivery processes. This article will look at DPD shipping and answer some of the most commonly asked questions about it. We'll also give you tips on making the most of your DPD deliveries to help you ace your shipping strategy.
Table of Contents
What is DPD Shipping?
DPD, an acronym for Dynamic Parcel Distribution, is an international parcel delivery service in Europe. The company covers over 230 countries and territories, making it one of the widest delivery networks in the world.
However, it operates directly from about 30 countries across Europe, Asia, South America, and Africa. DPD also offers express delivery services for urgent parcels and returns and parcel forwarding services.
The company has been in business for over 40 years and is one of the most reliable delivery companies in Europe. DPD also provides a variety of delivery alternatives, including drop-off locations and courier services. The domestic shipping options include
- Shop to Shop: For weight less than 20kg and volume less than 120cm on both sides, you can send a parcel by dropping it at one of DPD's 2500 drop-off points. Your customer can then pick the items up from a nearby store
- Drop off at Shop: In this shipping method, you drop off the package at a drop-off location, and the DPD courier services deliver it to your customer. Also, the weight limit is 20 kg, and the total capacity should not exceed 120 cm on both sides.
- Door to Door: Here, the parcel delivered is picked up from one location and delivered to the recipient directly. The sender has the option of choosing the delivery time. The maximum weight is 30 kg, with a circumference of 230 cm (length + width + height)
DPD shipping offers both ground (DPD Classic) and air delivery alternatives for international deliveries. The origin and destination countries determine the availability of either shipping option. The DPD International shipping options include the following:
- DPD Classic: For delivery services within Europe and neighboring countries, the DPD Classic is a road-based delivery service
- DPD Air Classic: This is used for non-perishable items to be delivered to areas outside DPD's road network
- DPD Air Express Service: This extends to all the 230 counties DPD covers. All international services have maximum weight and girth limits of 31.5 kg and 300 cm, respectively. But suppose you choose to use the drop-off points; in that case, you can only weigh up to 20 kg and have a circumference of 180 cm with no sides more than 60 cm
DPD shipping has a lot of benefits, including Saturday deliveries, nationwide and international shipping, and flexible express shipping service.
How Long Does DPD Shipping Take to Deliver?
DPD shipping lead times vary depending on the courier service and delivery destination.
DPD shipping promises next-day delivery for urgent parcels or a two-hour delivery window for shipments In countries like Spain and Germany.
DPD delivery can also take 1-2 working days for UK deliveries and as little as 2-4 working days for international destinations, such as China. However, there are a few things to consider before using DPD for your eCommerce shipping needs.
- For UK delivery in 1-2 working days, choose DPD PickUP and drop off your parcel at your nearest DPD PickUP shop.
- However, for international delivery in 2-4 working days, choose DPD Air Express
- While for international delivery in 3-6 working days, choose DPD Air Classic
Please note that the above information is an estimate. Certain factors can affect Deliveries, making them take longer or shorter than expected.
How Much Does DPD Shipping Cost?
The cost of shipping with DPD shipping varies depending on several factors such as courier service, destination, package weight, and package dimensions.
Shipping from the UK to France
Say you're shipping a 5-pound package (5×5×5) from London to Paris; we'll calculate the rates for shipping with Easyship, so you can see how much you'll save using a shipping platform.
|Courier Service||Lead Time||Cost|
|DPD - Air Classic||3-11 business days||£70.40|
Shipping from the UK to Sweden
Say you're shipping a 5-pound package (5x5x5) from London to Sweden; we'll calculate the rates for shipping with Easyship so you can see how much you'll save by using a shipping platform.
|Courier Service||Lead Time||Cost|
|DPD - Air Classic||3-11 business days||£70.40|
Related post: DHL Domestic & International Shipping Rates for 2022
How Does DPD Shipping Compare to Other Courier Services?
DPD is one of the most reliable courier services in Europe. They offer great delivery times and have a solid reputation for being one of the most reliable delivery services. So, they are often compared to other courier services such as FedEx and UPS.
Are DHL and DPD the same?
DHL and DPD both offer express international shipping services but are not the same inherently. Although they are both delivery companies, they are better for different shipping needs.
DHL is a German courier firm and one of the leading delivery companies in the world. They offer shipping solutions for everything from envelopes to freight across borders. On the other hand, DPD is a French-based courier company great for deliveries within Europe.
Are DPD and UPS the same company?
No, UPS and DPD are not the same company. However, both offer express international shipping services but are not the same inherently. It would be best if you choose either of them depending on the needs of your business.
For example, DPD does not offer shipping services in the United States. So, if you need to ship items to a customer in the United States, you know which courier is suited for that purpose.
DPD Shipping with Easyship
DPD is a reliable shipping service for your eCommerce needs with a proven track record of success. They offer various delivery options to suit your needs and a comprehensive DPD shipping tracking service so you can always keep an eye on your parcel's progress. This article discussed DPD shipping and answered the frequently asked questions about it.
However, you can ship your packages more comfortably with DPD when using Easyship. Easyship is a shipping company that offers impressive shipping features and a smooth shipping experience. You can easily create shipping labels and track your packages, all from the comfort of your own home. Other benefits of using Easyship include the following:
- Shipping Policy Generator: Our shipping policy generator helps merchants and crowdfunding campaigns generate their shipping policy by providing tracking and insurance options
- Easyship Shipping Rates Calculator: Access high-volume discounts from major couriers. Plus, get instant access to delivery lead times from premium shipping couriers for faster shipping
- High-Value Shipping Insurance: Easyship offers up to $10,000 shipping insurance for all shipments. This way, customers can have peace of mind when it comes to electronics
Ready to ship with DPD? Sign up for a FREE Easyship account and get instant access to high-volume discounts for DPD shipping
DPD Shipping FAQ
Can I drop off DPD packages at the post office?
Yes, you can drop off DPD packages at the post office. DPD allows its customers to use Post Office branches to drop off packages.
Which is better, DHL or DPD?
It might be impossible to tell which courier service is better because this depends on the demand of your business. So, you should choose a courier that aligns with your business and delivers the best service to your customers.
If you found this blog informative, you may enjoy the following: