Is your eCommerce website not performing as good as you expected it to in terms of conversions and sales? It may just be time for you to look more closely into eCommerce optimization for your online store.
With just a few tweaks on your website, your store’s overall sales can potentially increase substantially. So, if your store is experiencing lots of abandoned carts, you need to find out where the problem is coming from and take the steps to better optimize your eCommerce website’s shopping experience.
Fixing issues with your website and optimizing it for a better online shopping experience may seem daunting at first, but by keeping a few tips in mind, you’ll likely find it’s a much easier undertaking than first thought. With this guide, you can better understand most of the areas of your site that require eCommerce conversion optimization, helping you to increase sales, significantly reduce number of abandoned carts, increase traffic to your website and boost your overall revenue.
How Do I Optimize My eCommerce Website?
Conversion is not just when somebody makes a purchase from your website. When visitors save items to be bought later or add items to their shopping cart, a conversion has been made. The number of people who take these steps determine your site’s conversion rate, which in turn can be boosted through several optimizations.
Here are a few tips for eCommerce conversion rate optimization on your site:
- Improve the Product Pages: In optimizing your site, it’s crucial that you take your time to ensure that your website’s product pages are compelling, intuitive and urge the visitor to buy. Visitors should find it simple to navigate from one product page to the other while clear images, compelling product copy and frequent calls-to-action to buy are all critical to optimizing your website’s product pages.
- Compare Products on Pages: This is another unique way to optimize your site. Put two products of varying prices together on a webpage, with the one you really wish to sell being the lower-priced product. This way, you will further increase your chances of selling the product as your site’s visitors can clearly see the notable difference in price.
- Add Dynamic Store Navigation: Another way to optimize your eCommerce site is by adjusting the site’s navigation to suit each visitor’s interest. For example, if a first-time visitor searched for beauty products, the site should be able to take the visitor straight to beauty products page the next time he or she logs in. By adding dynamic navigation, you can potentially boost sales and improve customer satisfaction.
- Use Live Chat: With a live chat option on your eCommerce website, you’ll be able to interact more directly with your site’s visitors. This has an effective way to potentially boost sales as studies show that customers prefer discussing issues with a real person in live chats. According to some notable studies, this has led to approximately 38 percent increase in conversions.
In addition, there are many other strategies to use that can help with eCommerce optimization. For example, you can publish customer reviews, ratings and social media likes in order to further convince your customers about your products’ appeal. You should also craft clear calls-to-action that prompts shoppers what to do next, like “buy now” or “get this item.” The more optimized your website is, the more conversions you’re bound to record.
How Can My eCommerce Site Increase Customer Engagement?
Apart from increasing traffic to your website and achieving maximum eCommerce conversion optimization, it’s also important that you maintain consistent customer engagement. Some of the ways you can further increase your site’s customer engagement include, but are not limited to, the following strategies:
- Write top-notch product descriptions
- Reduce the number of produce choices
- Add product reviews to their respective pages
- Send out customized emails to customers
You can also maintain engagement with your customers by offering them various incentives like raffle draws and discounts. Additional ways to boost customer engagement can be found here.
How to Optimize Your eCommerce Site’s Shopping Experience
Your site’s visitors will be much more likely to return if their shopping experience was also optimized. On this note, it is important that you optimize your site in a way that further improves your customers’ shopping experience. As you work on your eCommerce conversion rate optimization, you should also do the following:
- Implement a simple and intuitive checkout process
- Ensure your site’s fully mobile-friendly and runs quickly
- Use A/B testing and heatmaps to optimize the shopping experience
An impressive first-time visit to your eCommerce website can help to boost customer satisfaction and prompt them to become return users, boosting your website’s sales.
Optimizing your eCommerce site is critical for sustained success in a very competitive and increasingly crowded industry. Easyship is also here to help you give your eCommerce business the boost it needs and compete in the eCommerce arena, giving you the advantage you need to succeed!