- SEO is a crucial component of getting your campaign in the digital spotlight quickly and efficiently
- Crowdfunding campaign pages should always consider SEO best practices in order to increase their visibility online and have a better chance at ultimately succeeding
- You can calculate and compare the shipping rates for your campaign easily with Easyship's crowdfunding shipping rates calculator
Crowdfunding campaigns live and die based on their ability to get noticed by the public. If a campaign doesn’t catch the public’s attention and generate funding through it, it’ll ultimately fail. To get people to notice your startup’s crowdfunding campaign, it’s critical to do everything people to catch peoples’ attention – especially online.
SEO is a crucial component of getting your campaign in the digital spotlight quickly and efficiently. Crowdfunding campaigns that don’t rank well in search engines like Google will ultimately fall short of their lofty goals. Thus, its imperative that crowdfunding campaigns undertake a robust SEO campaign to get noticed.
That’s why it’s critical that entrepreneurs launching crowdfunding campaigns need a solid grasp of SEO best practices in order to succeed. You need to know what SEO is, how it works and how crowdfunding campaigns can use it to gain a competitive advantage.
Table of Contents
What is SEO?
SEO, short for search engine optimization, is a form of digital marketing focused on boosting the visibility of organic search engine results. SEO is composed of both the creative and technical aspects needed to improve search engine rankings and increase website traffic.
The goal of SEO is to rank a website higher in search engines such as Google, thereby boosting its visibility and driving more traffic. SEO considers everything from search engine algorithms to what keywords drive traffic as a form of digital marketing. Some specific strategies for undertaking an SEO campaign for a website include adding and optimizing content, blogging, increasing the number of backlinks a website has, conducting proper keyword research for the website’s content, ensuring the sites running smoothly and quickly from a technical perspective, and more.
Understanding the fundamentals of SEO is important for those looking to boost their visibility online. Knowing how it works and applying it properly can really help drive traffic and boost your campaign website’s visibility – all without spending money on paid advertising.
Some basic SEO tips include:
- Having a website that runs smoothly, quickly, and is optimized for mobile devices is crucial.
- Content is also crucial in SEO. Be sure to conduct proper keyword research and build content around terms that people are searching for – but be cautious not to simply stuff in high-volume keywords with thin content. The content itself should be useful, thoroughly researched, and offer value to the user, ideally separated into subheaders with proper HTML tags.
- When writing content, be sure to write for human readers first and foremost, not just search engines like Google.
- Understanding basic HTML can also help you understand how to build a website from both a technical and user experience perspective.
- Your website should be easy to navigate, intuitive, and free of too many distractions. Make sure the user can get from point A to point B on the site quickly and efficiently.
- Link building is also crucial and can be done via manual outreach to other websites, blogging, writing quality content, and other strategies. When link building, always be sure to prioritize links from relevant, high-quality websites for optimal results.
- Take analytics closely into account. A/B testing is critical while tools such as Google Analytics and Google Search Console can help to glean important insights from your website’s data, such as its number of views, the number of time users are spending on the website, and more.
- Social media can also be used to promote your website and boost its visibility.
- Producing quality blog content on a regular basis can also help with SEO.
How to Promote a Crowdfunding Campaign through SEO
SEO for crowdfunding campaigns can help greatly to boost their website traffic and promote awareness on search engines. Crowdfunding campaign pages should always consider SEO best practices in order to increase their visibility online and have a better chance at ultimately succeeding.
SEO Tips for Crowdfunding
Your crowdfunding campaign’s SEO strategy should always be built around your target audience. To accomplish this, conduct thorough market research and craft personas to better understand your target audience and guide your content and broader SEO strategies.
After doing this, keep in mind the following SEO tips for crowdfunding campaigns:
- Blogging regularly can be a great way to convey key updates and other information about your campaign to the public and drive website traffic.
- Optimize your campaign website’s landing pages with calls to action to join your mailing list
- The campaign website’s content should be engaging, unique and offer value to the reader. Be sure to conduct thorough keyword research to understand what your target audience is searching for and work the keywords into the content in way that makes sense to the site’s users.
- Always ensure that your website is easy to navigate and free of clutter. Having a poor design or too many pop-up ads can distract users and prevent them from donating or subscribing to your email list.
- Guest blogging on sites relevant to your campaign and target audience is a great way to get in front of more people and generate buzz.
- Joining online forums like Crowdfunding PR or Crowd Funding Forum can help to make contacts, get useful advice and get the word out about your campaign.
- Create catchy videos and press releases to get the word out about your campaign and generate even more buzz.
How to Create a Successful Crowdfunding Campaign
A crowdfunding campaign is nothing without proper promotion and marketing. In addition to SEO, try to use all the digital marketing strategies and methods available at your disposal to help generate interest and boost your campaign’s funding.
A paid search campaign can work in tandem with your SEO campaign to promote your crowdfunding efforts and boost traffic. A robust social media campaign is a great way to generate buzz and reach diverse audiences the world over. Email marketing, likewise, can help to nurture leads and keep your campaign investors engaged.
In addition, be sure to conduct proper research to choose the crowdfunding platform that works best for your specific campaign, set achievable goals, offer rewards to your backers, accept feedback and try to tap accredited investors for a financial boost.
SEO for crowdfunding campaigns is a must. Whether you’re using Kickstarter, Indiegogo, GoFundMe, or anything else in between, be sure that your campaign’s website takes SEO best practices into account as a key component of your broader marketing strategy. With proper SEO, your crowdfunding campaign’s website can rank higher in search engines, garner increased traffic, and potentially attract more backers.
Easyship facilitates crowdfunding campaigns throughout the process with special shipping rates. You can calculate and compare the shipping rates for your campaign easily with our crowdfunding shipping rates calculator.
We also have complete guides for crowdfunding fulfillment, handling crowdfunding campaigns, and every other aspect of crowdfunding campaigns. Easyship can help in every step of not just your campaign, but also with transitioning a campaign into a full-fledged eCommerce business.