With more than 800,000 online merchants using Shopify, there’s no shortage of inspiration to be drawn from the endless list of the most successful Shopify stores out there today, especially when it comes to marketing strategies and tips.
While competing against so many other stores may understandably seem intimidating at first, thousands of successful Shopify stores offer excellent guides on how to build a great online store of your own. To that end, here’s a closer look at a few of the most successful Shopify stores around today and what some of the secrets to their success have been!
What are the Most Successful Shopify Stores?
Inspirational and successful stores abound on Shopify, offering plenty of great stories to tell to online merchants looking for that competitive edge. A few the best eCommerce sites currently on Shopify include:
- SkinnyMe Tea
- Taylor Stitch
- M2S Bikes
- WP Standard
- Ratio Coffee
- Marc Wenn
Let’s take a brief look at each of these stores and better understand the keys that led to their success on the platform!
1. SkinnyMe Tea: Integration with Facebook Messenger
SkinnyMe Tea, an Australian brand that offers healthy, detoxing tea products, is among the best Shopify stores out there today, with their success in large part owed to the effective use of Facebook Messenger on their website. With the Facebook Messenger button strategically placed on the store’s homepage, a simple click leads shoppers to a customized sales funnel, something the company has leveraged to boost sales and build trust with customers.
This feature provides customers with a unique, on-demand shopping experience, offering convenient customer support and direct communication with the brand.
- Seamless integration of Facebook Messenger
- Ability to showcase many products to shoppers quickly and answer any questions they may have
- Custom sales funnel with chatbot and direct connection to Shopify checkout portal
2. Taylor Stitch: Optimized for Mobile eCommerce
Proudly made in California, Taylor Stitch is a fast-growing menswear brand that’s been well ahead of its time in terms of optimizing for mobile eCommerce. The company’s mobile-friendly website, appealing visuals and intuitive UX have positioned it as a leader in the men’s clothing industry thanks to its customer-centric and forward thinking approach to eCommerce.
A picture is still worth a thousand words on a mobile device, as Taylor Stitch’s success can attest to!
- Optimized with mobile shopping in mind
- Minimal yet elegant website design
- Striking website imagery
- Intuitive UX with clear CTAs
3. M2S Bikes: Effective Cart Abandonment Solutions
Even though pop-ups can be intrusive and annoying to most shoppers, electric bikes brand M2S Bikes was able to skillfully utilize them to reduce cart abandonment, generating more than $50,000 in sales in just 50 days.
Their secret? Strategically targeting visitors with pop-ups and offering 10 percent discounts to visitors who simply come back and complete their purchase.
- Behavior-based pop-ups target shoppers who abandon their carts
- Discount codes for customers who return to complete their purchase
4. Untuckit: Successful Product Referral Program
A list of successful eCommerce stores on Shopify wouldn’t be complete without mentioning Untuckit, a casual menswear brand that’s found incredible success recently. The store has significantly increased its inbound traffic by offering incentives for referrals, knowing that most people trust recommendations when they come from family and friends.
- Simplified referral program
- Referral incentives that compel buyers to spread the word
5. WP Standard: Simple, Effective Website Design
The Shopify Design Award-winning online store of leather goods brand WP Standard is proof that, as the saying goes, less is more! The company’s website offers a minimal but elegant and timeless design that’s clean and visually appealing. This approach has helped to boost traffic and make the website more accessible to customers worldwide.
- Minimal yet elegant website design
- Clean and intuitive UX design
- Eye-catching visuals
6. Ratio Coffee: Successful Video Marketing
Since launching in 2012, coffee machine maker Ratio Coffee has made a name for itself as one of the best eCommerce sites on Shopify thanks to its innovative use of video marketing to offer shoppers detailed information about their products in a visual and compelling way.
The brand’s strategically-placed videos on their website’s homepage has been credited with improving the company’s conversion rate and ROI, giving them an edge against their competitors.
- Detailed, informational videos on homepage
- Shoppers spend more time on the site by watching videos
7. BeardBrand: Visually-Appealing Website Design
Another one of the best eCommerce websites on Shopify, beard care company BeardBrand is proof that using attention-grabbing visuals and unique graphic design techniques can lead to success.
Thanks in large part to its visually-memorable and clean website design, the brand now boasts more than $120,000 in monthly sales!
- Visually-appealing website imagery
- Clean website design
- Unique graphic techniques
8. Marc Wenn: Personally Thanking Customers via Email
London-based fashion brand Marc Wenn has found success in selling stylish shoes, jeans and backpacks, but this didn’t happen by accident. When just starting off, the company personally emailed their first 100 customers to thank them, helping to build customer loyalty and trust early on and using it as a foundation to build a successful eCommerce store.
- Thank you emails add a personalized, thoughtful touch
- Focus on building customer trust and loyalty when starting off
7 Shopify Tips to Build a Successful eCommerce Store
From using visually-appealing images to employing clean and simple UX designs, the most successful Shopify stores build their websites with one person in mind: the customer!
For a competitive edge, always make sure to:
- Use eye-catching and memorable imagery
- Always show off your store’s unique value props in the web copy
- Employ user-centric UX design techniques
- Give a face to your store through compelling images and videos
- Make website navigation simple and intuitive
- Reach new audiences on social media
- Craft direct and visually-appealing CTAs
Learn from Shopify Success Stories to Boost Your Online Store
The best Shopify stores didn’t just stumble into their success by chance. Instead, each one learned from their mistakes, make smart adjustments when needed, employed website design and digital marketing best practices and put themselves in their users’ shoes to gain a new perspective on their stores.
Easyship partners with Shopify to help online merchants using the platform grow on a global scale. Be sure to sign up for a free account today to integrate your Shopify store and take your business to new customers cross-border!