With customers becoming increasingly demanding, it’s important for eCommerce retailers to keep up and meet expectations by offering a variety of delivery options. The ability to deliver outside of normal office hours is now becoming a big part of this and many couriers are taking notice. In America, the United States Postal Service has some options for weekend deliveries. USPS Saturday delivery is becoming a popular option for getting products to customers across the country at a time that's convenient to them.
Additionally, depending on the mail service you use and where your parcel is to be delivered, the USPS may also offer Sunday deliveries, giving you access to a range of USPS weekend hours. By December 2018, USPS delivered more than 8 million packages over the weekend; most of this was within the US itself. So, if you're wondering, "Does USPS Deliver on Sundays?" then you've come to the right place.
Which USPS Services Can I Use on Weekends?
Wondering "Does USPS delivery on Saturdays?" If you want to take advantage of USPS weekend hours to give your customers more flexibility for receiving their packages, then you’ll have to be sure to pick the right service. That’s because not all USPS services offer delivery over the weekend. For the most extensive service hours, try:
- First Class Mail
- Priority Mail Express
- First-Class Package
- USPS Retail Ground
How Much Does Saturday and Sunday Delivery Cost?
You’ll probably be surprised to hear that most USPS Saturday delivery and Sunday services don’t come at additional cost. That’s because these are usually built into the particular service you use. However, the cost will vary according to the same variables for any shipping service, including parcel weight and dimensions. For USPS, you can expect to pay:
- Priority Mail: From $6.40; flat-rate up to 70lbs; Monday-Saturday at no extra cost; delivery within 1-3 business days.
- Priority Mail Express: From $22.95; flat-rate up to 70lobs; operates 365 days a year at no additional cost; delivery within 1-2 business days.
What Time Does USPS Deliver on Saturdays?
If you're wondering "Does USPS deliver on Saturday and Sunday," then you're probably also wondering about timing. The USPS Saturday delivery hours differ depending on which mail class you use and where exactly you are in the US. If you want to ensure your packages are delivered on Saturday, you should use Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express. The weekend hours for delivery depend on your local post office, though you should know that postmen are usually obligated to finish their routes and deliver all of that day’s mail, even if it takes a little longer than the official hours. Below are a few examples:
- At the SW Town Center Office at Wilsonville, Oregon, delivery is offered between 830am and 11am. However, the self-service kiosk is open 24 hours.
- For those using the Royal Oak, Michigan office delivery is available from 830am-5pm; you can also access the self-service kiosk at any time.
As you can see, USPS Saturday delivery hours can vary dramatically depending on where you are. As a general rule of thumb though, you can expect that the post office will drop off packages in the morning.
Related: FedEx Weekend Delivery
When Does USPS Deliver on Sundays?
As with its Saturday delivery services, USPS Sunday delivery does exist, but it can be very limited. Again, this service is usually limited to Priority Mail Express and Amazon packages In terms of hours, once again, these usually operate in line with the local USPS office opening hours. Here are a few local examples within the US:
- The Aurora Main office in Aurora, Colorado delivers between 9am and 1pm.
- Many other USPS offices in Colorado deliver between 11am and 3pm.
6 Steps to Using USPS Saturday and Sunday Deliveries
Now that you know how USPS’s weekend services work and how much they cost, here’s how you can use these options:
- Create an account with USPS.
- Use the website tools to enter your shipment details and estimate shipping costs and delivery dates.
- Select the most appropriate service - for weekend deliveries, you’ll have to use Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express.
- Pay for your shipment.
- Organize pickup (both services offer this at no extra cost).
- Attach the shipping labels to your parcel.
Give Your Customers More Flexibility with Weekend Deliveries from USPS
As an online retailer, you know it’s important to get your goods to your customers as quickly as possible; but customers also value convenience. That’s why being able to offer a range of delivery options - including USPS weekend hours - is a good way to increase conversions and grow your business. Now that you can answer the question of, "Does USPS Deliver on Saturday and Sunday?", you're well prepared for this.
Easyship offers a range of USPS options that include weekend hours. Sign up for a free account today to find courier services that will give your customers more options.
Previous Post:Product Update: What’s New at Easyship for March 2020