- USPS First Class Mail, Retail Ground, First-Class Package, and Priority Mail Express all offer Saturday delivery
- Sunday deliveries with USPS Priority Mail Express include all the full services and features such as package tracking, insurance, and more
- All USPS weekend delivery services include $50-100 of insurance automatically
Thanks (but no thanks) to Amazon Prime, today's shoppers want blazing fast delivery. But does USPS deliver on the weekends? Or will you need to use another shipping company to appease your speed-obsessed customers?
Does USPS Deliver on Saturday? Yes. Does USPS Deliver on Sunday? Yes, depending. Will I ever answer your questions in full instead of just repeating them like a parrot? Of course, and here's a fun fact to get us started. As of 2018, USPS had delivered more than 8 million packages on weekends.
Easyship is a direct partner with USPS, meaning you can use Easyship for weekend deliveries. Also, you'll save up to 89% off all USPS rates from Easyship. Pretty, pretty, pretty good.
Table of Contents
Does USPS Deliver on Sunday?
Yes, USPS delivers on Sundays but it only delivers in two ways:
- USPS Priority Mail Express (aka USPS Overnight)
- Amazon packages
In other words, you'll have to ship Overnight with USPS to deliver on Sundays. If you use any other USPS shipping service, i.e. Flat Rate, you'll have to wait a day.
Priority Mail Express is the fastest guaranteed delivery service available from USPS. This means you can apply for a refund of your postage if your shipment arrives late. As the company's overnight option, this service doesn't exclude any days of the week. That said, you will have to pay an added fee.
USPS Sunday Delivery Cost
The cost of Priority Mail Express starts at $26.75. The exact cost depends on your package weight and delivery destination. Additionally, every Sunday delivery incurs an added fee of $12.50.
For a full breakdown of Priority Mail Express costs, check out this full guide.
USPS Sunday Hours
USPS Priority Mail Express offers a guaranteed delivery by the next day or the second day for faraway zip codes. This means, for most Sunday deliveries, Priority Mail Express shipments will arrive by 10:30 AM.
USPS Sunday Delivery Services
Sunday deliveries with USPS Priority Mail Express include the full gamut of services and features. Most importantly, all delivery times are guaranteed or you can apply for a refund. Other features include:
- Package tracking
- Insurance up to $100
- Signature confirmation
- Free USPS packaging
- Free package pickup (arrange online)
Does USPS Deliver on Saturday?
Yes, Saturday is a normal business day for USPS. Unlike on Sunday, a handful of USPS shipping services allow for Saturday delivery. These services include:
- First Class Mail
- USPS Retail Ground
- First-Class Package
- Priority Mail Express
Of these services, Priority Mail and Priority Mail are the most likely to be delivered on Saturday. Priority Mail is the only service that lets you choose Saturday as a guaranteed delivery date.
For all other services listed above, whether your package actually arrives on Saturday depends on the estimated delivery lead time and the location of the warehouse used for the "last mile" of delivery. However, the option is certainly open if you use any of the services above.
USPS Saturday Delivery Cost
The cost of Saturday delivery with USPS depends on your service. And since Saturday is a regular business day for USPS, you don't pay any added fees for Saturday delivery. Again, you can choose from the following services for Saturday:
- First Class Mail: Starting at $4 for parcels
- USPS Retail Ground: Starting at $7.70
- First-Class Package: Starting at $4
- Priority Mail Express: Starting at $26.75
Of course, your total cost for any USPS service depends on your delivery destination and package weight. You can quickly estimate these costs and delivery times with the Free Shipping Rate Calculator from Easyship.
USPS Saturday Delivery Hours
For USPS mailmen, Saturday is the same as Monday through Friday. They make their rounds between 9 AM - 5 PM to deliver packages, regardless of the delivery service. Typically, postmen and women are required to finish their routes and deliver all of the day’s mail, even if it takes a little longer than the official hours.
Most USPS packages arrive by 2 PM on Saturdays and may be delivered as late as 6:30 during peak seasons, or times of disruption.
For parcels sent with delivery guaranteed service like Priority Mail Express, though, deliveries should arrive by 10:30 AM. However, if things have gone awry that day, the postal worker may have to work later to get guaranteed packages delivered – up to 6:30 on Saturday.
All told USPS Saturday delivery hours depend on your chosen service. USPS Overnight should arrive between 10:30 or 3 PM, or your money back.
Related: FedEx Weekend Delivery
4 Things to Know About USPS Weekend Delivery
Here's a handful of helpful factoids to improve your weekend delivery game with USPS.
- No Fees for Saturday: USPS treats Saturday like any other day, meaning you pay no extra fees for Saturday delivery.
- Tracking included: All USPS weekends delivery services include package tracking.
- Insurance optional: All USPS weekend delivery services include $50-100 of insurance automatically. You can purchase extra insurance at a per-pound rate from USPS, or from Easyship up to $5000.
- Cut off times: Most Post Office locations accept packages up to the minute they close, which is either 5 or 6 PM. And, in most cases, packages left before the close of business will go out on the trucks for delivery that nice. This is especially for USPS Overnight services. If you worry about getting your parcel out in time, arrange for package pickup during the day to ensure it gets out that evening. You can also call your local post office to confirm their cut off time
6 Steps to Using USPS Saturday and Sunday Deliveries
Now that you know how USPS’s weekend services work and how much they cost, here’s how you can use these options:
- Create an account with USPS.
- Use the website tools to enter your shipment details and estimate shipping costs and delivery dates.
- Select the most appropriate service - for weekend deliveries, you’ll have to use Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express.
- Pay for your shipment.
- Organize pickup (both services offer this at no extra cost).
- Attach the shipping labels to your parcel.
Give Your Customers More Flexibility with Weekend Deliveries from USPS
As an online retailer, you know it’s important to get your goods to your customers as quickly as possible. Saturday and Sunday deliveries may be in the cards for you.
Let's recap: Does USPS deliver on Saturdays? Does USPS Deliver on Sundays? Yes and yes. Easyship offers all USPS services, including weekend hours.
Sign up for a free account today to compare rates and save up to 89% off all USPS retail rates.
USPS Saturday and Sunday Delivery FAQ
What days of the week are working days for the USPS?
Every day but Sunday is a normal working day for USPS.
Does USPS collect packages on Saturdays and Sundays?
On Saturdays but not Sundays.
Does USPS deliver First Class mail on Saturdays?
Yes, Saturday is a regular day of business for USPS.