If you own an online store, it is imperative that you take advantage of the various marketing strategies involving social media - especially Instagram.
Growing brands and small businesses, especially in fashion, beauty, health and fitness, nutrition, and hospitality should leverage Instagram to help boost their eCommerce business.
Apart from being a great platform for paid advertising, Instagram is also effective in attracting prospective customers and promoting your brand image. However, if you wish to make the most of marketing your business on this platform that has over 800 million monthly users and multiple shopping features, then here are a few tips to get you going.
Also referred to as "Insta Story" or "IG Story", this strategy helps you generate meaningful leads on the platform. They differ completely from the regular Instagram posts as they usually come in the form of a “slideshow” and are only available on your profile for up for 24 hours. To create solid Insta stories:
- Post Amazing Photos: For Instagram Stories ads, posting something visually pleasing or unique is best for getting the attention of your target audience on Instagram. In addition to showcasing your product or service, make sure they go with action-oriented captions and any relevant additional information, including prices, location, selling points, and more. Instasize and other tools can help you create engaging visuals.
- Make It Real: Post pictures of your product being used by someone. This way, your target audience will be able to easily relate to your product as they imagine themselves using it.
- Variety Makes A Difference: Apart from using photos in creating your stories, you should also consider creating videos. In mixing up your content this way, you will be able to appeal to a wider audience in a more convincing way. As for the photos, always ensure you post pictures of your product from multiple angles.
- Share Testimonials For Social Proof: Spice up your Instagram feed by including screenshots of your customers’ testimonials, reviews, and stories on your profile. Doing this would further convince your followers of the effectiveness of your products, especially now that real customers are singing your brand’s praises as they share their shopping experience.
These are just a few of the ways you can effectively use Insta Stories as a great marketing strategy on Instagram. You should also try collaborating with other brands or social media influencers so they can tag you in their stories.
Set Up Contests
Another method that can significantly improve follower engagement and also increases sales on Instagram is setting up contests on your page. Consider the following.
- Branded Hashtag Contest: Encourage users to post on their profile using your special hashtag to win a prize. A branded hashtag should preferably be short, easy to remember, and relatable to your brand. Good examples of branded hashtags are #ShareACoke, #WantAnR8 (Audi), and #OreoHorrorStories.
You can also find a third-party Instagram app that can help you create your contests from existing templates.
- Create Awareness: It's important that your contest reaches as many Instagram users as possible. Consider doing paid advertising on the platform to further spread the word of your contest within the community.
- Run A Sweepstakes: You can build a sweepstakes page (with the help of a contest app) add the necessary information, the prizes to be won, and include a form for entrants (best to keep the required information to a minimum). Advertise the sweepstakes with a call-to-action and watch your online retail store following increase.
KOLs on Instagram
"Key Opinion Leader" is a fancy term for "social media influencer". Working with a KOL is another social media marketing strategy you can adopt if you're looking to grow your following.
You can easily find KOLs on Instagram, especially in the beauty, health, and fashion niche. Being appealing and charismatic, they have thousands of followers who take their advice seriously and are happy to buy the products that are being promoted. If you have the resources, you can work with the perfect KOL to use and advertise your product on Instagram.
As far as social networks are concerned, Instagram holds the biggest promise in helping you take your online business to the next level. Take advantage of the free marketing tools they offer and all the knowledge sharing about the platform, so you can drive more traffic to your Instagram page and start making those sales!